FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How much is the registration fee?
- Registration for the PhD Day costs €12. Early birds tickets will be sold at 7€ (200 tickets are available). You may reclaim this via your own graduate school depending of course on your personal training budget and other regulations from your institution.
Can I claim back the travel costs?
- Unfortunately we cannot reimburse your travel expenses, but some universities offer this possibility, so you should check with your own institution.
Where can I register?
- Once the registration is open, you will be able to sign up using the form available at the registration page or via the official Facebook event of the PhD Day.
When can I register?
- The registration will be open until Monday 17th at 14:00. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn for more updates!
Do I need to print my ticket?
- No, you can enter the venue using the e-ticket on your smartphone or tablet (shouldn’t you have a suitable device, then you can print your PDF ticket).
Can I earn any credits?
- With just participating in the PhD Day you earn 1 ECTS* (check with your own institution to be sure)
- As a volunteer during the day you earn 2 ECTS* (check with your own institution to be sure)
- If you are a member of one of the organizing committees you earn 5 ECTS
- As member of the main organizing board you earn 6 ECTS
Do I receive a certificate of participation?
- Yes, all PhDs attending the event receive a certificate of participation, indicating all ECTS earned.
Do I have to prepare anything for the PhD day?
- You may read some background information on the speakers but there is no active preparation needed.
I am a Master Research student, can I join the event?
- Yes, Master Research students, especially those finding themselves at the end of their studies, are very welcome to attend the event.
What’s included in the dinner coupon?
- When you purchase a dinner coupon during the registration procedure, it will include 2 drinks (sodas, wines, beers) and 3 food items (e.g. pizza slices, sandwiches, a portion of fries, etc.) for a total discounted price of 20 €.
When will I receive the dinner coupon?
- When you complete the registration, you will only receive the e-ticket to enter the venue. The dinner coupon will be distributed during the registration procedure.
I am not sure if I am going to be at the dinner/festival that will be held after the event. Can I still join in case I decide later?
- Yes, the mini-festival will be open to everyone who participated in the PhD Day. Even if you didn’t buy the dinner coupon, you will be able to purchase food and drinks from the stands, though at regular prices.
Can I claim back the dinner costs?
- Your institution might offer that option, so be sure to check in with them.
I’m a first year PhD, is this event relevant for me?
- Absolutely, PhDs of all stages have relevance to the program since it is never to early to think about your future career opportunities and develop new and useful transferable skills.
- You are more to welcome to join for parts of the day. Please subscribe the regular way (we can not give refunds for part of the day).
Where can I find the program?
- You can follow our program updates via social media and our website.
I have subscribed/registered but I changed my mind, can I get a refund?
- With a good reason you can send an email to email@example.com with the topic “refund ticket”, then please allow us some time to process your request*
- For the dinner coupon please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic “refund dinner coupon”
- *We will be able to process refunds only up until 2 weeks before the event – latest day to apply for a refund is 7th September 2018
How can I volunteer?
- Register for the event in the regular way, during the procedure there will be an option to sign up as volunteer. We will select the volunteers at the end of August/beginning of September. The ticket price of selected volunteers will be reimbursed and they will earn 2 ECTS.
Are all the workshops and lectures in English?
- Yes, all workshops and lectures are in English
I want to be part of the organization next year, what to do?
- Great! We welcome all of you to consider being a member next year to get to know fellow PhDs, learn new skills and enjoy organizing one of the biggest academic events in the country! Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the topic “committee 2018-2019”, including a brief motivation text.